The all-new Talon Performance Series from Superwinch, AKA, The Winch of Prey, is a game changer
and has the potential to alter the outcome of the global winch industry.
Rugged, Weather-Resistant Design
All seals on the entire winch meet the IP67 standard, from the outermost end of the high performance
motor and groundbreaking solenoid to the 2-stage planetary and 2-stage spur gearbox. The included
winch remote also meets the tough IP67 standard, which ensures water, mud, snow, and dust is kept out.
Be ready for the elements with the Talon Series
The sealed 5.2 HP motors deliver a quick but safe 62 FPM line speed at a low 75 amp draw. Heat sink-styled
motor cap maintains low temperatures under the heaviest loads. The solenoid will keep out water, mud, snow,
and dust and has a patented venting feature that allows the contacts to resist water and release contact-damaging
internal condensation. The VS4 Solenoid (Vented, Submersible, and Stabilized with Sealed Socket) is simply
the best winch solenoid in the world, and it's located inside this modern-styled rugged enclosure.
Dual Stop Brake Design
The innovative "Dual Stop" 100% load-holding brake design provides zero drag on cable in and is located
inside the gearbox away from the drum to eliminate heat transfer to the synthetic rope.
Durable Construction for Safer Pulls
The laser-etched aerodynamically shaped extruded aluminum tie bars reduce weight, and
the three tie-bar construction adds strength and structural rigidity between drum supports.
The tie-bar bracket includes steel-lined rubber insulated mounts to stabilize the solenoid and
reduce vibration and fatigue.
A special steel drum is constructed with high tensile strength material to resist the unique
loading characteristic of the optional synthetic 3/8" x 80' rope rated at 17,600 lbs ensures a
safe pull. There's an ergonomically shaped hand-held sealed remote with brilliant LED light for
assisting in night-time winching. The chrome plated aluminum ergo-free spool knob lifts and turns
effortlessly, easily rotating in 45° increments for custom and "in bumper" applications.
- Rated Line Pull: 9,500 lbs (4,309 kgs)
- Motor: Sealed 5.2 hp (3.8 kw) Series Wound
- Gearing: 2-Stage Planetary and 2-Stage Spur
- Gear Ratio: 148:1
- Solenoid: Vented, Sealed Submersible Solenoid with 3-Year Warranty
- Clutch: Free-spooling Clutch/Pull and Turn
- Brake: Automatic/100% Load Holding (outside of drum)
- Rope: Synthetic Rope 3/8” x 80’ (9.5mm x 24.4m)
- Hook: Heavy Duty/Clevis Pinned/Latched
- Fairlead: Anodized Blue Aluminum Hawse with Engraved Superwinch Logo
- Remote: 15' Sealed Ergonomic Hand-held with Coiled Cord
- Drum Diameter: 2.5” (63.5mm)
- Drum Length: 8.75” (222.2mm)
- Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10” x 4.5” (254mm x 114.3mm)
- Line Pull: 0 lbs: 75 Amps Motor Draw / 62 FPM (18.9 MPM) Line Speed
- Line Pull: 9,500 lbs: 430 Amps Motor Draw / 5.0 FPM (1.5 MPM) Line Speed
- Dimensions: 24.22” L x 6.20” D x 10.66 " H (615.20mm L x 157.50mm D x 270.75mm H)
- Weight: 67 lbs (30 kgs)